Psychologist/LICSW, Weight Management Program
The Weight Management Program at Holyoke Medical Center is looking for a well-qualified, full-time, salaried, licensed clinician to build and grow our behavioral health program. Ph.D., Psy.D. or LICSW, LMHC candidates will be considered. We are looking for a highly motivated professional with a strong desire to work with our diverse population to aid them in their journey toward a healthy weight and lifestyle. Your responsibilities would include conducting intakes, follow-up behavioral health sessions, providing assessments with treatment plans and/or clearance for bariatric surgery and facilitating therapy groups (CBT, DBT, etc). Participation in ongoing research projects, grants and clinical presentations at national conferences will be encouraged.
The Weight Management Program (WMP) at Holyoke Medical Center is a fully accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Comprehensive Center designated by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). The WMP has received an “exemplary status” for all performed bariatric procedures by ACS and ASMBS, has a Center of Excellence status with United HealthCare and BlueCross/BlueShield and boasts an average weight loss that is 15-20% greater than the national average. In addition, the WMP participates with podium presentations in all obesity related national meetings.
Join a passionate team of 2 surgeons, 2 Registered Dietitians and 2 Physician Assistants’ that strive to constantly improve our patients’ long term outcomes!
Bilingual Spanish –English strongly preferred.
Main Duties of the Weight Management Behavioral Health Clinician:
- Individual Counseling: 40 hours are designated to carrying a formal caseload of clients, with 28 billable hours per week. Complete intakes and follow-up sessions to assess the appropriateness of patients preparing for bariatric surgery and for those in the medical weight loss program.
- Communicate and interface with Holyoke Medical Center Weight Management staff regarding client’s progress and assessment.
- Facilitate psycho-educational groups on mindfulness, eating disorders, motivational interviewing, stress and emotional eating.
- Work closely with Weight Management staff to support clients struggling with factors that can impact success in the Weight Management Program by developing and implementing behavioral resources such as: weekly therapy groups, monthly workshops and referrals to behavioral health prescribers as needed.
- Potential for adding psycho-educational testing and assessments to stratify risk and effectiveness for bariatric surgery candidates.
· Graduated from an accredited Master’s Level Program in Counseling or Social Work (LICSW, LMHC, LMFT): Or
· Graduated from an accredited Ph.D. or Psy.D. Program
- Ability to quickly build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse group of clients.
- Proficiency in providing clear written and oral communication with the Weight Management staff and complete all services in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate weekly groups in English and Spanish (interpreter services available), along with additional educational groups. This will involve some flexibility in scheduling for early evening group facilitation.
- Capacity to take initiative and to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- · Understanding of confidentiality and other ethical issues related to client care.
This is opportunity is posted on gotbariatricjobs.com