As an owner of a private bariatric surgery practice, or a hospital recruiter that is recruiting a bariatric surgeon do you wish to hire any candidate or hire a stellar candidate? The obvious response is a stellar candidate. Most of the time the stellar candidate is not actively looking at job boards. These are referred to as passive candidates..
There’s no way around it — the perfect job candidate is often already employed. These candidates, often referred to as passive candidates, present a unique set of challenges – after all, someone who is happy in their current role doesn’t typically submit applications to open positions.
ESA Medical Resources has a vast database of passive candidates that we have worked with for more than a decade. We are able to approach these candidates due to the rapport that we have had with them for many years. Many of our clients were former candidates.
What is a passive candidate?
Passive candidates are those candidates who are not actively looking for a new job. They are typically content and satisfied with their position. In addition, their current employer is keeping them busy and engaged. However, they would make a career move for a new opportunity if that opportunity is better than the one they have.
They’re not seeking a job, per se, but they are open to considering a new one.
An active job seeker, on the other hand, is actively looking for a new job. There are three main reasons why this is the case:
- They don’t have a job right now.
- They have a job right now, but they hate it.
- They have a job right now, but they see no future for them where they are.
The reality of the marketplace is that passive candidates are typically (although not always) more qualified for positions than their active counterparts.
Their current employment situation illustrates this reality and this discrepancy:
- They’re employed. In other words, they’re considered valuable enough by at least one organization to be employed.
- They’re content and engaged at their current job, which means that their employer is treating them well. Organizations usually treat their most valuable employees in the best fashion. You’d think that companies treat all of their employees exactly the same . . . but we both know that is not the case.
- They’re busy, which means they don’t have any time to conduct a job search, anyway. The reason they’re so busy is because their employer considers them so valuable. And because they consider them so valuable, they bury them in work . . . and they’re paying them quite well for it.
Pursuing passive candidates is worth the additional effort. In fact, research shows that passive candidates are 120 percent more likely to make a strong impact at your company. In other words, ignoring passive candidates means missing out on a wealth of top-notch candidates.
If you’re looking for a more effective candidate sourcing strategy, keep reading as we explain why is wise to work with ESA Medial Resources.
ESA Medical Resources is a contingency recruitment firm. We only get paid if we successfully place a candidate with a practice. So, we are motivated to use all the tools available to us to locate candidates that practices are unable to locate themselves. Our ace in the hole is the long-term relationships that we have with passive candidates.
If you are recruiting a bariatric surgeon for your practice please contact us before you start your recruitment efforts. You can email email@example.com or call 270-320-6614.