So you have an important bariatric position to fill, and you have to decide do you go with a large national recruitment firm or a small boutique recruitment firm that specializes in specific medical specialty. boutique bariatric surgery obesity medicine recruitment firm job board
Here are key factors to consider:
Boutique Recruitment Firm Advantages
- Personalized attention —
- Boutique recruitment firms tend to be smaller and take on clients selectively offering more focused attention.
- Larger firms have many specialties and take on more clients offering a less personalized approach.
- Access to high quality specialty candidates –
- Candidates are drawn to a more personalized approach with one on one interaction that less distracted recruiters provide.
- Word of mouth among candidates who receive focused customer service is invaluable in attracting greater numbers of high caliber candidates.
- More meaningful interactions –
- Less time wasted is a big plus in working with a smaller firm. Instead of going through multiple mid level recruiters, you may deal directly with the owner of a smaller firm who has with more experience and greater motivation to provide quality customer service.
- Smaller firms have greater motivation to perform well. Fewer clients create greater incentive to provide feedback to clients and candidates in a timely fashion and to be readily available to them.
- Specialization in your field –
- There are not many firms who focus on one specialties. If you find one latch onto it. Larger firms have to cover many specialties to keep their recruiters busy and keep their lights on. A smaller firm that specializes is more focused and can put all of their marketing into one place. It allows recruiting firms to better understand the practices and candidates they are working with and what they are looking for.
The Difference Between a Boutique and a Larger Firm
So how does a boutique firm compare to the larger recruiting companies? For starters, larger recruiting firms have experienced recruiters higher up, but often also utilize entry level recruiters with little tenure and a shorter reach to talent. This can result in broad search tactics with few parameters, uncovering an abundance of candidates, few of whom are qualified and even fewer matching clients’ more specific needs.
Larger firms deal with a wider degree of separation between the recruiters and management. Like any business, the larger the staff, the more management and organization the company requires, with more layers attached. For their clients, this leads to less communication, multiple points of contact and a less integrated experience, all of which can lead to the presentation and placement of less specific, subpar or downright inferior candidates.
Larger recruiting firms are also have a lot of internal competition. The business often turns into a numbers game, and coordination amongst recruiters tends to be minimal. Such an environment will attract hungry, hard working and motivated individuals, but also leads to less cooperation internally, and the potential for good candidates to be overlooked. Because of the competition, recruiters can also get boxed in by parameters set internally, such as region, scope and reach. Ultimately, it means an individual recruiter working towards a placement goal, rather than the entirety of a team working towards the same objective.
Who Benefits the Most From Using a Boutique Executive Recruiting Firm
In a competitive market for talent, locating bariatric professionals that are both available and a good fit for practices can be extremely difficult. Boutique firms such as ESA Medical Resources (gotbariatricjobs.com) have the advantage by nature due to the volume and quality of the relationships we have built over time within our network of bariatric professionals. Because our team is a group of seasoned professionals, we also have a track record of successfully recruiting beyond our own networks, using outbound tactics to recruit less visible and passive talent. Because boutique firms are smaller with fewer layers, our flexibility allows us to offer better options to clients, tailor searches more succinctly based on client needs, and leverage our counterparts’ networks with greater success.
In today’s market, the organizations that benefit the most from a boutique firm partnership are medical specialty practices and organizations with very specific needs. It’s no secret that quality medical talent continues to prove difficult to acquire, with a shortage of top talent compared to the demand for it. The spirit of cooperation present at smaller, boutique executive recruiting firms is essential when locating medical talent, giving individual recruiters access to relationships developed by the entire team.
Private practices benefit tremendously from a partnership with a boutique recruitment firm. In today’s climate, the need for agility, flexibility and efficiency is paramount, no matter the business aspect being discussed. Hiring appropriately is challenging already, and the speed at which private bariatric practices must acquire the right talent only increases the level of difficulty. Boutique firms have the same flexibility and agility that these private practices require, and can move and pivot to match the speed of the private practice.
Outside of specialized medicine and more specifically bariatrics, any organization with specific or particular needs, or any type of urgency around a hire, will see a better result by engaging a
boutique executive recruiting firm. This also goes back to the agility and flexibility of the boutique because of its smaller size, simplified infrastructure and workflow.
The presence of senior level recruiting professionals at boutique firms such as ours also lend themselves perfectly to such situations, allowing clients to leverage a wealth of experience and knowledge for more difficult and obscure talent searches.
ESA Medical Resources (gotbariatricjobs.com) is the only boutique recruitment firm in the country that specializes in the recruitment of bariatric professionals. We have worked in the bariatric field and have established productive working relationships with many bariatric practices and stakeholders. We have over 20 years of experience in bariatrics and recruitment. Please contact Elizabeth Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a practice seeking to add a bariatric candidate to your practice or you are a candidate seeking the perfect practice opportunity. We offer both contingency recruitment services and a bariatric job board.